Trinity M. Mereau, DPM, FACFAS
Austin, TX Podiatrist
Capital Foot and Ankle
Dr. Mereau is the Co-Owner and Founder of Capital Foot & Ankle Surgeons of Austin. She has been in private practice since 2005.
Dr Mereau obtained her degree as a Doctor of Podiatric Medicine from Barry University in North Miami, FL. She completed a three year surgical residency in rearfoot and ankle reconstruction from the Kentucky Podiatric Residency program affiliated with University of Louisville in Louisville, KY. A large concentration of this program was limb salvage following trauma, nonunions and complicated infections.
Dr. Mereau specializes in surgical and non-surgical treatment of foot and ankle disorders. She is trained in complex reconstruction of the foot and ankle as well as in pediatric foot deformities and wound care. Dr. Mereau is a Fellow of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons.
Dr. Mereau was born in Massena, NY and graduated from St. Lawrence University in Canton, NY with a BS in Biology. She enjoys running, golf, hiking, cooking and time with her husband, daughters and yellow lab. As a recreational athlete and athletic trainer in college, Dr. Mereau has a special understanding of athletes and the importance of sport specific recovery of foot and ankle injuries.
- The Damage Control Orthopedic (DCO) Footplate: A New Use of the Hoffman II External Fixation System. Beck DJ, Seligson D, Mereau T. Osteosynthesis and Trauma Care. (12), Feb 2004.
- Proposal for Calcaneal Pin Placement: Anatomic Considerations. Foot & Ankle International 26(3)March 2005
- NuGen Fx Bioabsorbable Screws: A Preliminary Report of Their Use in Foot Surgery. Ford T, Brown K, Mereau T, Seligson D. JAPMA - 96(1)Jan 2006
- Compression Staples for Bone Fixation in Foot Surgery. Mereau T, Ford T. JAPMA
- March 2006
- Residency - Kentucky Podiatric Residency Program
- Degree - Rearfoot and Ankle Reconstructive Surgery
- Graduate - Barry University School of Graduate Medical Sciences
- Degree - Doctor of Podiatric Medicine
- Undergraduate - St Lawrence University
- Degree - BS Biology
- Capital Foot & Ankle Surgeons of Austin, March 2010-present
- The Center for Foot and Ankle Surgery March 2007-March 2010
- Atlantic Podiatry Associates-Deland, FL July 2005-January 2007
- Kentucky Podiatric Residency Program-University of Louisville/Norton Audubon 3 year Podiatric Surgical Residency in Rearfoot and Ankle Reconstruction
- Barry University School of Graduate Medical Sciences-Miami Shores, FL
- Doctor of Podiatric Medicine, April 2002
- Barry University Merit Scholarship, 1998-2002
- St. Lawrence University-Canton, NY
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Biology, May 1998
- Dual Board Certified in Foot Surgery and Reconstructive Rearfoot and Ankle Surgery----American Board of Foot & Ankle Surgery
- Texas Podiatric License
- Basic Life Support
- American Podiatric Medical Association
- Fellow American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- Texas Podiatric Medical Association
- Diplomate American Board of Podiatric Surgery
- Member of the American Academy of Podiatric Sports Medicine