Steven A. Walters DPM, FACFAS
Austin, TX Podiatrist
Capital Foot and Ankle
Dr. Steven Walters has been in private practice since 2005, in Austin, TX since 2007.
Born and raised in Ormond Beach, FL, Dr. Walters is the Co-owner and Founder of Capital Foot & Ankle Surgeons of Austin. He attended the University of North Florida in Jacksonville, FL and earned a BS in Health Science. Following undergraduate school, he attended Barry University’s School of Graduate Medical Sciences in Miami, FL and earned his Doctor of Podiatric Medicine degree in 2002. He completed a 3 - year comprehensive surgical residency program in Reconstructive Foot and Ankle Surgery under the direction of Steven M. Spinner in 2005 at Plantation General Hospital/Westside Regional Medical Center in Fort Lauderdale, FL.
Dr. Walters specializes in non-surgical and surgical treatment of the foot and ankle. His goal is to restore and improve his patient’s quality of life and to encourage an active lifestyle. He believes the doctor-patient relationship is a partnership and that education and prevention play an important role in preventing and treating lower extremity pathology. As a previous college soccer player, he understands the benefits of competition and physical fitness to one's overall well-being.
In his free time, Dr. Walters enjoys running marathons, volleyball, surfing, and golf. He also enjoys exploring Austin with his wife, two daughters and dog, Lorelei.
- Fellow American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- Diplomate American Board of Podiatric Surgery
- Member American Podiatric Medical Association
- Member Texas Podiatric Medical Association
- Member of the American Academy of Podiatric Sports Medicine
- University of North Florida--- Bachelor of Science
- Barry University School of Graduate Medical Sciences--Doctor of Podiatric Medicine
- 2002-2005 Westside Regional Medical Center, Plantation, FL
- Podiatric Surgery Residency (PSR-36)
- Specializing in Reconstructive Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Chief Resident 2004-2005
- 2010-present--Capital Foot & Ankle Surgeons of Austin, Austin, TX
- 2007-2010-- Center for Foot and Ankle Surgery, Austin, TX
- 2005-2007 -- Atlantic Podiatry Associates---Port Orange and Ormond Beach, FL
Licensure and Boards
- 2010 Board Certified in Foot Surgery and Reconstructive Rearfoot and Ankle Surgery---American Board of Foot & Ankle Surgery
- 2019 Re-Certification in Foot Surgery and Reconstructive Rearfoot and Ankle Surgery---American Board of Foot & Ankle Surgery
- 2007-Present Licensed Podiatric Physician-State of Texas-1810
- Credentialing Committee, St. Davids Medical Center, 2009-present
- Chair-Podiatry Section Dept. of Orthopedic Surgery, St. Davids Medical Center, January 2010-present
- President---Texas Podiatric Medical Association 2019-20
- Born Daytona Beach, FL
- Available upon request